By the time patients present with functional or aesthetic airway disorders, it's likely they have been living with anatomic and habitual causes of disordered breathing for years-
In this case-based, content rich presentation, Kathleen Carson, DDS reveals the significant connections between craniofacial development and lifelong airway/systemic health and development. Learn simple steps to add to your exams that identify possible airway structural or functional concerns. Develop a plan for determining your practice's optimal mix of treatments. Special emphasis will be given to the treatments and interventions dental professionals can offer patients who present with airway challenges in every stage of life.
* Recognize the differences between normal and abnormal orofacial structures
* Understand the benefits of early intervention in pediatric patients
* Learn methods for improving structural and functional challenges to developing better airways, airflow, proper breathing techniques, and oxygen utilization
* Explore modalities - such as myofunctional therapy, oral appliance therapy, and jaw development orthodontics - that improve case success and profitability
* Discover how to provide optimal patient care through building a collaborative team of healthcare professionals
* Learn how to enroll your team and incorporate airway centric dentistry into your practice
* Recognize signs of airway disorders and gain skills for comfortably engaging patients regarding their signs and symptoms.
* Explore tips and tools for helping patients understand their responsibility in achieving optimal outcome
* Identify how to enhance patient exams leading to additional treatment possibilities,
increased revenue and better outcomes