CBD: Not Just Another Supplement:
In this cutting edge, evidence-based presentation, discover the basic components and function of the ECS. Explore the two main endocannabinoids that our bodies produce, the importance of activating receptors, and what to do when the ECS is deficient. Discover how to utilize CBD with patients to improve sleep, manage pain, and serve as an anti-inflammatory. Learn the appropriate dosing and product guidelines for the best results. Offer patients an evidence-based alternative which can boost resiliency, support our systems, and return balance to the body.
* Illuminate the history of cannabis and the properties, benefits and side effects of the two most discussed compounds - CBD vs.THC
* Explore the importance of and functionality of the body's endocannabinoid system
* Recognize the important differences between various phytocannabinoids & other cannabis compounds.
* Discover where CBD and other phytocannabinoids fit with dental care and patient health
* Differentiate products: Isolate vs. broad spectrum vs. full spectrum; topicals vs. tinctures vs. edibles.
* Determine dosing recommendations and patient instructions.
Kathleen Carson, DDS
Committed to advancing healthcare professionals’ perception of airway centric dentistry, Kathleen Carson, DDS's dynamic, engaging, and influential programs offer a more complete approach to care and better patient experiences. Kathleen’s inspiration comes from her personal history when she was a young mother and unknowingly dealing with a child with a significantly compromised airway. Since that time, over 15 years ago, she has dedicated a large portion of her education and personal growth to the importance of airway, proper breathing, and oxygen delivery. She has successfully developed ways to contribute to her patients’ overall health and improving the clinical results of her dental services, as well. Dr. Carson graduated cum Laude from the UCLA School of Dentistry and served a general practice residency with the Veterans Administration in Sepulveda. She earned her fellowship in neuromuscular / physiolgic dentistry as well as in Buteyko Breathing. She serves on the board of the AAPMD (American Academy of Physiologic Medicine and Dentistry) and is a clinical advisor for Vivos Therapeutics. For nearly 20 years, Kathleen and her team have focused on a comprehensive care model utilizing a variety of integrative modalities to improve overall health and well-being of patients.