Silver Diamine Fluoride, Minimally Invasive Dentistry, SMART restorations, and Teledentistry have been growing in both interest and utilization. This course is different every time because in this course, instead of going over her slides in order, Dr. Brooke has the learners drive the bus. What is it YOU want to talk about? We will have topics on a slide Jeopardy Style, and the learners will pick which ones we talk about. Learners will keep choosing topics until the time runs out. The first hour and fifteen minutes will be Discussing Minimally Invasive Dentistry, the second hour and fifteen minutes will be discussing teledentistry. There will be a 15 minute break in the middle, and at the end we will have a 15 minute Q and A.
Learning Objectives will vary based on topics chosen by learners:
* Understand the basic science behind SDF and Glass Ionomer.
* Be aware of various protocols, with SDF and Glass Ionomer.
* Understand the principles of partial caries removal.
* Be exposed to indications and contraindications for SDF/SMART.
* See case examples of SDF in adult populations.
* Understand basic teledentistry terminology.
* Understand when synchronous and asynchronous teledentistry can be utilized
* Understand benefits and limitations of teledentistry
* See examples of teledental exams.